- 1/2 lb. thick cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 – 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed off
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup pecans, diced
- In a large saute pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat, until crispy. Remove bacon bits from pan and save extra bacon fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil into a dressing. Season with pepper.
- Using a food processor, shred Brussels sprouts, (alternatively, you can slice with a knife) and transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 T of bacon fat. Add Brussels sprouts and saute until softened and slightly browned.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the sprouts.
- Add diced pecans, bacon bits and scallions to the Brussels sprouts.
- Serve and enjoy!