This mayo is easy to make with simple ingredients and tastes so much better than store bought .
It’s delicious on it’s own and perfect to use in any dressings, dips or sauces calling for mayonnaise.
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder (or 1 tsp mustard)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup avocado oil*
- In a blender (I used my Vitamix) or food processor, blend egg, salt, mustard, lemon juice and vinegar.
- While machine is running, slowly add oil, VERY SLOWLY!!
- Continue until all of the oil has been added and the eggs and oil have formed an emulsion or mayonnaise.
- Taste and adjust flavor as desired
- Store in the fridge in a glass container for up to two weeks.
*Note – use a lightly flavored oil, not extra virgin olive oil. I really like avocado oil.