This recipe takes the classic no-bake cookie recipe and replaces some of the original ingredients with healthier options. This version is gluten free, dairy free and contains no refined sugar.
~ 2–1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
~1 cup unsweetened, flaked or shredded coconut
~ 2/3 cup honey
~ 1/2 cup coconut oil
~ 1 cup almond butter
~ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
~ 6 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, cocoa powder and coconut and set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the honey, coconut oil and almond butter, stirring continuously until the mixture is melted and mixed evenly.
- Remove from heat and pour over oats and coconut, stirring to mix well. Add the vanilla extract and continue stirring until well combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Let cookies set up and enjoy. *
*These cookies will remain more moist than regular no bake cookies because of the coconut oil. You may want to store them in the refrigerator or chill them before serving.