What’s so special about this Paleo pumpkin bread? Well, aside from being quite tasty, as well as being grain free and dairy free, it’s also NUT FREE! While I don’t have an issue with nuts and I use almond flour in a lot of recipes, I have clients and friends who don’t tolerate almonds or almond flour. This Paleo chocolate chip pumpkin bread is made from coconut and tapioca flours and is a great option for a nut free bread!
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 5 T maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 T allspice (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips *
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a medium loaf pan – grease or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet until combined well. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes until top is browned and a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing
*Use Enjoy Life Brand chocolate chips for a completely dairy free recipe. Use Lily’s brand chocolate chips for a sugar free chocolate chip option.