- 4 (6 oz) sushi-grade yellow fin (or ahi) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp freshly ground sea salt
- ½ cup white sesame seeds
- ½ cup black sesame seeds
- 1 T sesame oil
For the salad and dressing
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small bulb)
- Combine sesame seeds in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat tuna steaks with sesame seed mixture.
- Add tuna steaks to pan and sear; cook 2 minutes on each side or until they reach desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from heat and let sit while you prepare salad
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Add arugula and fennel; toss well.
- Place about 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tuna steak