~ 2 – 2 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
~ ½ cup coconut aminos (or tamari)
~ ½ cup honey
~ 2 T toasted sesame oil
~ 1 T minced garlic
~ 1 tsp ground ginger
~ 1 tsp Yuzu hot sauce*
~ ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
~ sesame seeds for garnish
~ 1-2 tsp arrowroot to thicken sauce
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and trim any excess fat. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and place in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over the chicken and stir to make sure chicken is evenly coated.
- Cook chicken on LOW for about 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and set aside.
- Transfer sauce to a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat and add 1-2 tsp arrowroot to thicken the sauce.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce. Serve over riced cauliflower, rice, or as it. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
* Yuzu hot sauce is made from Yuzu citrus peel, chili pepper and vinegar. You can find it here. Alternatively, you can use any hot sauce that has a flavor you enjoy.