Omelette muffins are a fun breakfast meal and a great option for making breakfast ahead of time. They can be enjoyed right out of the oven, but they also store well in the refrigerator and can be warmed up for breakfast the next morning!
This recipe is based on the Western Omelette. But you can make any variety of muffin, using whatever protein and veggies you may have at home – bacon, ground turkey or beef, sausage, spinach, tomatoes, onions, broccoli – and season them any way you like!
~olive or coconut oil cooking spray
~sea salt and pepper to taste
~4 slices ham, chopped
~1/2 cup chopped red or orange bell pepper
~1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 12-cup muffin tray with oil.
- In a bowl, beat whole eggs & egg whites.
- Season w/salt and pepper.
- Mix in chopped up ham, cheese, bell pepper, & scallions.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.