Here’s a healthy recipe for truffles you can make at home. Made with fresh (or frozen) berries, organic coconut butter, maple syrup and dairy-free chocolate, these truffles are sure to please.
-1 cup berries (I used strawberries and blackberries)
-1 cup coconut butter (I used Artisana brand)
-2 T maple syrup
-1 cup dark chocolate chips (enjoy life brand is dairy free)
-3 T coconut milk (or any dairy free milk alternative)
- In a food processor, combine berries, coconut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Mixture should be thick enough to form balls. If not, place mixture in freezer to chill.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Stir in coconut milk and mix until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet w parchment paper.
- Form berry mixture into balls then dip in chocolate. Place chocolate covered balls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!