~ 12 Eggs*
~ ½ cup almond flour (or almond meal)
~ 1 tsp baking powder
~ 8 oz. spicy ground turkey sausage, browned
~ 1 cup onions, chopped
~ 1-2 cups spinach
~ 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
~ 1 cup tomato, chopped
~ butter or other quality oil to sauté veggies
~ salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together until slightly foaming.
- Stir in almond flour and baking powder.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, melt oil or butter. Add onions, peppers and spinach to the pan, and cook until onions are translucent. Mix in tomatoes and ground turkey sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir veggies into the eggs and pour into a prepared 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
Variations – You can modify this recipe to include your choice of protein and a variety of vegetables and seasonings.
*A combination of whole eggs and egg whites can be used if you choose. I used 8 whole eggs and 8 egg whites.