~2 tablespoons cider vinegar
~1 tablespoon brown sugar
~1 tablespoon olive oil
~4 thick cut bacon slices
~1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (you can use the shredding blade on a food processor)
~1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (or pecans)
~fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and oil; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, cut or crumble into pieces, and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in pan (if there aren’t 2 T of drippings, you may need to add a little butter or oil).
- Heat drippings over medium-high then add shredded Brussels sprouts.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon crumbles, walnuts, and dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm