Here’s a twist on the traditional Pad Thai recipe. Using spaghetti squash for noodles and almonds as the base for the sauce rather than peanuts, this recipe is full of flavor while being Paleo and Whole 30 compliant.
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled
- ½ – ¾ cup of Almond Sauce (recipe below)
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ raw almonds, chopped
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 T coconut oil. Add 2 lightly beaten eggs. Scramble eggs, then set eggs aside.
- Add 1 T coconut oil to the skillet and add shrimp. Stir fry until cooked through and set aside.
- Next, add spaghetti squash and stir fry until heated through. Add almond sauce, stir fry until warm.
- Stir in eggs, shrimp, green onion, bean sprouts and chopped almonds until well blended.
- Serve hot and top with extra chopped almonds and cilantro.
- Serves 4
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 T tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, or use a small food processor, until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.